As an early podcast pioneer and leading podcast publisher today, NPR believes sharing knowledge lifts all boats and benefits the entire industry. In this semiannual report, NPR shares learnings from audience research and analytics on all things podcast. The Winter 2021 release includes trends NPR is seeing in overall audience, podcast promotion strategies with impact, and effective approaches to sponsor messages.
NPR Podcast Report
In the Winter 2021 Report:
- Podcast promotion – strategies for marketing your podcast to grow audience, including a case study of NPR’s Life Kit podcast.
- Impact for sponsors – NPR audience testing reveals NPR sponsor messages are perceived as more sincere and drive intent to purchase.
- Best practices for brands – insights into what kind of messages podcast listeners want to hear from companies during the pandemic.
Download the Report
Complete the form below to receive a PDF of the NPR Podcast Report.
In the Summer 2020 Report:
- NPR Podcast Trends: As the pandemic upsets normal listening habits, on-demand listening and NPR’s podcast audience continue to grow.
- Feature Stories: Specific NPR podcasts saw a spike in interest as listeners sought context for America’s reckoning with racial injustice.
- Impact for Brands: NPR podcasts consistently drive brand awareness, interest, and positive opinion for brands that sponsor NPR.